Friday, January 31, 2014

The List!!!! What if statements!!

The Big Question(s):

What if:

I didn't go watch my son play hockey
My bestfriend lived close by
I had never moved to Springfield
I had not ever quit my job to move to Springfield
I had a lot of money
I won the lottery
I still owned my minivan that I gave to my sister
My beautiful nieces were never born
I was an only child
My friend wasn't having a baby
I had another baby
I forgot to do my homework
I can't print out my paper that is due in an hour
I fail my test on monday
I end the semester with over 100% in math

If my best friend lived close by the possibilites of wonderful things would be endless.  I would laugh a lot more. I would make sure that I had a girls night at least once a week. I would eat a lot more sushi. I would have someone to study with. I would have fun studying. I would have a very smart person to go to when I have to write an essay. I do not like writing essays, and she is wonderful at them. I would not be able to stay on the diet that I have successfully been on for three weeks and lost about 10 lbs. I guess there are pros and cons to my best friend living here in Springfield. I know I would be spending a lot more time with her and  a lot less time on school work. I also think that we would not talk every single day like we have been for the lsat six months. Atleast I would get to see her though. I miss her bright red hair and querky personality. I was so hard to move, and I catch myself still wondering if I made a good decision. Everytime I begin to think this way I get a reminder that I'm not only bettering my life but my son's life as well. And for that I am very happy! Blake would not be in hockey and would have never gained the friends that he has. And for that i am  happy. I am happy that now that we own a home, he will not have to move around. Finally he will be able to make long lasting friends and have a stable home and social environment. and for htat I am happy. Leading back to courtney. My son would have who he has always known as his aunt corky. I hope they do not grow apart as he gets older. They have such a great relationship now.


What if I had never graduated high school.  I find it funny that my neighbor picked this prompt for me because I actually came very close to not graduating high school. I was pregnant my whole senior year and had my son the day that i checked out of high school for the last time. At the beginning of my pregnancy I was very sick and did not want to go to school. I would complain until I was blue in the face and my mom would eventually give in. I had very good grades up until this time. It's hard to believe that I almost threw it all away. I ended up going to the alternative school my senior year and this is how I graduated. However, if I had stayed on the path of destruction that i was on I would obviously be in a bad spot right now. I would have never gotten a job with my first "healthcare" related job. This job is what has me sitting here today. Even though I have since quit my job with them, I first decided that healthcare was for me while working for this wonderful company. After quitting, I decided to go to school for a nursing degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment